- October 10, 2019
- Posted by: Ali Raza
- Category: Canada News, Immigration - Canada
Invitations reach three-week total of 1,938 with October 8 draw
Saskatchewan held its third invitation round is as many weeks October 8, inviting 559 Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence.
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has been rolling out invitations to prospective immigrants every week since it expanded the list of occupations that are eligible under its Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand sub-categories on September 18.
Since then, the SINP has issued 1,938 invitations through both sub-categories over three draws.
At least one year of work experience in an eligible occupation related to one’s field of study is required under both the Express Entry and Occupation In-Demand sub-categories, among other eligibility criteria.
A job offer in Saskatchewan is not required, nor is Canadian work experience.
The decision to drop the SINP’s In-Demand Occupation List in favour of an Excluded Occupation List saw the number of eligible professions jump from 19 to 218.
All three draws since the list was dropped have targeted candidates with work experience in a wide range of occupations.
Candidates selected in the October 8 draw had work experience in one of the following 15 occupations. “NOC” stands their National Occupation Classification (NOC) code:
- Financial managers (NOC 0111)
- Human resource managers (NOC 0112)
- Other administrative services managers (NOC 0114)
- Banking credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122)
- Managers in agriculture (NOC 0821)
- Other financial officers (NOC 1114)
- Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
- Administrative assistants (NOC 1221)
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
- Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171)
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174)
- Architectural technologists and technicians (NOC 2251)
- Financial sales representatives (NOC 6235)
- Bakers (NOC 6332)
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairs (NOC 7321)