The Global Talent Visa Program, also known as the Global Talent Independent Program, is a streamlined visa pathway for highly skilled professionals to work and live permanently in Australia.
Australia is after the brightest and best global talent to work in seven future-focused sectors. The program is designed to help grow our innovation and tech economies. This will create opportunities for Australians by transferring skills, promoting innovation, and creating jobs.
Australia is also a lifestyle destination, and one of the most prosperous, safe and culturally diverse countries in the world. Australia offers opportunities for innovation, with strong trading links and a business friendly regulatory approach. Through the program, talented individuals will be given permanent residency to make their new lives in Australia.
In 2019-2020, there were 5,000 places available under the program.
You must be highly skilled in one of the 7 target sectors.
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- prove you are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements.
- still be prominent in your field of expertise
- provide evidence that you would be an asset to Australia, in your area of expertise
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in your field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia endorsing you as global talent, in the same field as the applicant
High income threshold:
Candidates should have the ability to attract a salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold of AUD 153,600. This figure is adjusted annually on 1 July.
In assessing this, we will consider:
- current salary shown through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD or Masters graduates in the target sectors
Contact Us for more details.